- 2 T EVOO
- 1 c diced yellow onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 (32 oz) box low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 c packed chopped kale
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
In a large saucepan, heat EVOO over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Add broth, kale, tomatoes and carrots and cover. Cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender. Add beans and heat thoroughly. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 284 calories (80 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 9g protein.